It all began in 1950 with 44 enthusiastic Christians under the leadership of church planter Glen Discoe. With no building to call their own, they met, prayed and studied using the Seventh Day Adventist Church and later, the Moose Hall. By 1951, having grown to 60 members, with God's grace, the people had the foresight to purchase land at 121 W. Alvin Ave. Later, in 1957, more land was purchased to extend to Rose St and the building of the sanctuary began. While men labored to build, women worked by their side or cooked and served delicious meals. Over the ensuing years, more land was purchased to include the addition of the AWANA program, the Youth Annex and a parsonage totaling 2.5 acres.
Several times over the years, we attempted to purchase property for relocation and expansion, but the doors always remained closed. Then in November 1998, an opportunity to purchase land in the new 'Crossroads Development' came to light. The congregation enthusiastically embraced this bold step of faith and in May of 1999 voted to purchase six acres on the corner of College and McCoy. By God's grace, we were able to pay off the price of the land, $900,000.000 in three short years.
On April 13, 2003 we broke ground at our new facilities at 605 E. McCoy Lane. Our first worship service in our new facility was held on January 9, 2005 with 599 people in attendance. After a short 6 years, we needed to expand again and on July 4th, 2011 we dedciated our new Educational Building.
Contact our webmaster with any Web related issues.